Advantage Coating, Inc. – Chaska, MN
With more that 40 years of experience, Advantage Coating, Inc. is a leader in the commercial concrete floor coating industry across the upper Midwest. We specialize in urethanes, epoxies, acrylics, electrostatic dissipative coatings, conductive, secondary containment coatings and concrete polishing. If you would like to join our team, our currently open positions are below. Many of our jobs can be labor intensive; please view the video to see a highlight of a typical job.
Advantage Coating, Inc. is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other protected classifications. This policy applies to all employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, disciplinary actions and terminations.
Crew Member - Concrete Floor Coatings Installer / Concrete Polisher
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time
Compensation: $18.00 - $25.00 per hour (DOE) plus benefits
- Prepare concrete surfaces for industrial floor coatings and polishing
- Install industrial concrete floor coatings (epoxies, urethanes, MMAs, polyaspartics)
- Polish concrete surfaces by grinding and honing
- Maintain and clean tools and equipment
- Load and unload trucks
- Keep trucks and work areas organized
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- Valid Minnesota Class D driver’s license
- Able to use hand tools and power hand tools, walk behind tools, and riding equipment
- Able to lift at least 100 lbs on a regular basis
- Able to bend and kneel repeatedly
- Able to communicate with coworkers and customers in a professional manner
- Work effectively as a team member while continuously striving to improve and develop individual skills and knowledge
- Observe and adhere to company and customer safety policies, operating procedures. technical requirements and specifications
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Crew members are required to travel an average of 30-40% of the time and will travel in company vehicles.
- Industry competitive wages; $18.00 – $25.00 per hour (depending on experience)
- Benefits including medical and dental insurance, 401(k), life insurance, profit sharing
- We pay all travel and per diem
- Growth opportunities for personnel with leadership skills, good background, driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Full-time and part-time positions available
Crew Supervisor - Concrete Floor Coatings / Polished Concrete
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $25.00 per hour plus bonuses
Advantage Coating is hiring a Crew Supervisor for our growing business. We specialize in resinous concrete floor coatings, polished concrete, surface prep, and repair for commercial and industrial building projects in the Midwest. We are based in Chaska, MN with operations throughout the Twin Cities metro area and a five-state area to include Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota and South Dakota. The Crew Supervisor will lead a crew of 2-5 individuals and will oversee projects in the field as an active participant in the crew. The Crew Supervisor will provide support, guidance, and direct supervision to field crews to assure the proper application and preparation of the floor coating material to satisfy the customer. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years construction supervisory experience with a preference for experience in concrete floor coatings and polished concrete. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Work with and direct crew members in successful demo, surface prep and installation of resinous and polished concrete flooring. Lead crew members including new hires as well as long-term employees. Demonstrate the productivity and work ethic you expect from your team.
- Manage the job according to an established budget, monitor careful use of tools and equipment, strict use of supplies and productive use of time. Arrive on time, work diligently and complete project successfully within established timeframe, working through challenges that will inevitably arise.
- Complete jobs in a way that eliminates/minimizes call backs and rework. Work alongside crew members throughout the job to monitor their performance and ensure quality work is completed. Double check for quality issues – do not leave the job until it is completed to our high standards.
- Read and understand construction blueprints, and be able to determine material and labor requirements from specifications.
- Perform pre-job inspections and meetings to verify job size, prep procedure, and other elements of the job.
- Communicate with the customer contact during the project and at the end of the project to ensure their expectations have been met. Communicate regularly with the Operations Manager on the status of the job and any significant challenges that arise.
- Work with crew to clean the job site before departure. Verify any collateral mess/damage is corrected before leaving.
- Keep equipment, truck and trailer clean, neat and in good repair. Proactively report maintenance issues to the Operations Manager.
- Fill out accurate, complete and timely paperwork for each project, accurately report worked hours and materials used, turn in all receipts and expense reports, and maintain electronic driving log per requirements
- Ensure all work at each jobsite is completed safely. Make adherence to company and OSHA safety procedures a top priority.
- Verify the equipment and materials needed for the job are loaded onto the vehicles prior to leaving the Advantage Coating shop.
- Willingness to learn the field, expand your knowledge in the field, and continually develop professionally. Must possess desire to become an expert in the field of resinous coatings and polished concrete.
- Construction Leadership; lead others with the ability to prioritize tasks in order to achieve timely profitable outcomes.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and organize details within active job sites while being an active participant on the crew.
- Must be flexible with hours and shifts. Working time often depends upon customer requirements.
- Some travel required; must be willing to be out of town for extended periods of time.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude toward customers and coworkers.
- Dependable and accountable for actions
- The majority of work performed will be in an indoor environment and requires long hours standing and walking around job sites. Must be able to stand, walk, bend, crawl, turn head and torso, bend arms, wrists and fingers, and climb. Must have full used of all body senses to hear warnings, recognize dangers, and be able to react quickly to any potential hazardous situation.
- Minimum of two-years construction supervisory experience required; resinous coatings/polished concrete experience preferred.
- High School Graduate or General Equivalency Degree (GED).
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license with clean driving record. Must be willing to obtain valid Minnesota Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Must be able to speak and read the English language
- Must be willing to undergo a pre-employment drug test
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid holidays/vacations
- Profit Sharing
- Year-round work
- Paid lodging and per diem when traveling
- Company vehicles provided for out-of-town travel
- Bonuses and overtime pay available