Commercial Flooring Frequently Asked Questions
- To repair mildly, moderately or severely eroded concrete.
- To create a strong, dense, new surface for a less than the cost of slab replacement.
- To improve and protect floors from heavy traffic and severe conditions.
Why coat your floors?
- To protect the concrete from dusting and eroding over time.
- To create an environment that is easier to maintain and keep clean.
- To improve lighting and/or save on utility costs.
- By improving your environment, you will attract top-quality applicants, increase the morale of employees and ensure your customers that they are dealing with a world-class organization.
How long do I need to stay off newly coated floors?
- Most applications take two to three days from the time we start the process to the time you can be back on the area.
- Some products may take up to two weeks to be 100% cured. These floors, with a few precautions, can still be used after 24 hours of application.
How long will the floor coating last?
On average a well maintained floor lasts from 4 to 8 years and in some cases up to 15 years. Floor coatings will last anywhere from two to fifteen years. Here are four things that will help determine the life expectancy of a floor.
- The preparation. The right bond needs to be created for each product.
- The durability of the products being applied.
- The thickness or amount of product being applied. Epoxy can be applied to any thickness you desire. Urethane is confined to 4 mils per coat, but it has better durability characteristics.
- The traffic and housekeeping of the areas. It is very important to keep the area free from dirt and debris. Dirt under traffic works like sand paper and could prematurely wear the surface.
For more information on our commercial concrete flooring services, call us at 1-877-554-8720 or Contact Us.